After having organised numerous actions around video mapping for several years, Rencontres Audiovisuelles launched the Video Mapping European Center project in September 2017. It aims to support the development of the video mapping sector in Europe, and particularly in the Hauts-de-France region through research, training and creation.
The objectives of the Video Mapping European Center are:
• To produce reference data in order to have a better understanding of the sector’s evolution (economic, artistic, etc.) and encourage research through creation.
• To train young talents and support artists in developing their careers.
• To promote video mapping and the opportunities it offers to potential sponsors.
• To encourage public encounters with video mapping works, develop cultural activities and visual image education around the medium.
• To facilitate the networking of professionals and stakeholders in the sector.
To achieve these objectives, we have implemented various actions:
• A research effort, carried out with the DeVisu laboratory of the Université Polytechnique Hauts-de-France.
• Training/workshops/educational workshops for various audiences.
• Creative and prototyping residencies.
• Events: Video Mapping Contest, Video Mapping Festival.
• Support for professional development in association with a production cooperative: Loom Prod.
► More information related to the Video Mapping European Center (news, calls for applications, calls for residencies, videos, archives…) on the website www.videomappingcenter.com
The Video Mapping European Center is a project from Rencontres Audiovisuelles, in collaboration with the DeVisu laboratory of the Université Polytechnique Hauts-de-France for the research aspect of the project and Arenberg Creative Mine.
With the support of the European Union (Europe is committed to the Hauts-de-France Region through the European Regional Development Fund), the Direccte, the Hauts-de-France Region, the Communauté d’Agglomération de La Porte du Hainaut, the City of Wallers-Arenberg and the Grande École du Numérique.